22 - 24 Feb 2021

22 Feb 2021

The nausea monster got me this morning! Lessons learned ... keep taking anti-nausea meds until at least Tuesday.  Seem to be behind all day and felt sick most of it.  

Got inbs 2-mile walk ... wanted longer, but bladder was full.  

Pool renovation continued when I was surprised by the company ready to swap liner.  Though didn't install new liner yet, progress was made.  

Although didn’t feel well, put 30 minutes on trainer.  Then had clam chowder for diner while Dawn juiced. So very thankful that she does this even though she is on call.  

23 Feb 2021

The day started early.  Needed to move the truck for the pool company coming back this morning.


Read an interesting article on advice for staying positive that was worth sharing.  I definitely prefer the phrase, "cautiously optimistic."

https://lungcancer.net/living/stay-positive-advice/

Got in a 3-mile walk this morning.  

And the pool company was a no show.  I did send an early morning text WRT drainage. Perhaps that generated a delay. Update:  showed up around 1410 ... installing the wraparound cushioning material first.  

Still suffered from nausea this morning (missed medication time) and felt drained most of day.  Did manage to get more rocks removed as I ponder how many palms will remain in that bed.  

On a financial note, Tricare did fund the 29 Jan 2021 bill.  Still waiting on a decision for the first chemo treatment (~$24K).  

New liner being installed! 


24 Feb 2021

The nausea continued through yesterday evening so took another prochlorperazine.  Seemed to help, but still felt constipated. As of this morning, felt better after a couple of trips to the bathroom.  

The side-effects seem to be lingering longer this round. Went out to inspect pool fill and cleaned the pool light and ended with severe tingling in hands.  Good to know!  Have this feeling that eventually I will need a full week of recovery after each treatment. 

Not quite halfway ...

I did get in a 2-mile walk as well as 30 minutes on the trainer.   

The pool continues to in fill mode.  So, worked some in the beds.

The evening came and I felt much better although a bit bloated.  Filling the pool continues.   


As I continue this journey, I will look deeper into things as situations come up. Here is one:  I noticed that a few days (9 Feb) after my first chemotherapy (5 Feb) that I began to gain weight.  Up until 21 Feb, I was gaining weight (around 10 lbs).  Now I'm losing weight ... 6 lbs as of this morning.  Unsure what all this means, but will continue to monitor and seek medical advice as warranted.  

It's getting late ... time to retire for the evening.   





Comments